Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Peaceful Mind

I don't know about you, but there are days (sometimes weeks or months) where I can feel the hairs turning grey.  The things vying for my attention are many and the choices for my time and attention feel critical.  Sometimes it is when I am "busy" with deadlines constantly in front of me.  Sometimes it is when I am not "busy," but the priorities for my day still weigh heavy on me.  All of these thoughts and choices are taking place in my mind.

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. (Romans 8:6 NIV)
In these moments, I need to remind myself that God is a God of peace.  I also need to remind myself that I only need to align my day, priorities, and thoughts with God.  I don't need to please everyone.  I only need to walk together with God.  God's love for "everyone" will show through to people when I do.  So, I try to understand God's will for my life at that moment.  When I do, I experience peace.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2 NIV)

This process happens every day.  It happens every moment of every day.  Each day brings its own opportunities as well as challenges.  Each day is a gift.  Each day is another opportunity to walk together with God.  I don't want to throw away any day by messing with my mind's ability to find peace from God and even find the will of God for that day.  So I keep a sober mind so I can have a peaceful mind.

How about you?  Is your mind tempted away from God most when you are busy or not busy?  Do you renew your mind to understand God's will?  Do you find peace in your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment