Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1 NIV)
Paul called himself a follower. His leadership was only as good as his example. He was leading people to follow Christ in the same way that he followed Christ. His following was his leadership. It was his example. It was the part of him worth imitating.
What I am saying is this: Each of you says, "I'm with Paul," or "I'm with Apollos," or "I'm with Cephas," or "I'm with Christ." Is Christ divided? Was it Paul who was crucified for you? Or were you baptized in Paul's name? (1 Corinthians 1:12-13 HCSB)
For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to evangelize--not with clever words, so that the cross of Christ will not be emptied of its effect. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is God's power to us who are being saved. (1 Corinthians 1:17-18 HCSB)
Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NIV)
How about you? Do you lead people? Do you lead by example? What parts of your life would you want others to to imitate? Do you boast in yourself and your own accomplishments, or do you boast in the Lord? Do you lead by following Christ?
No comments:
Post a Comment