It wasn't until I made my hotel room cup of coffee, went through my morning routine, and attempted to connect to the internet (it took three tries this morning), that it hit me: I've done this before. I've had a sense of deja vu this whole trip, but all the memories didn't come flooding back until this morning. This is just like any number of the business trips I took over 12 years ago. I also realized something else. This trip, unlike the others, I am at total peace. That is because I know I am in the will of God today. The peace of Christ is filling my mind and my heart. This is a great feeling.
Kyle Idleman states that AHA can be defined as "a sudden understanding, recognition, or resolution." I had an AHA moment this morning. Many days I have AHA moments. Sometimes they happen at inopportune times, like when I'm having a conversation with someone, driving the car, or in the bathroom (hopefully not all at the same time). Many times, though, the AHA moments happen at expected times, like when I'm praying, thinking about "church stuff," or reading Scripture. These AHA moments are even better because they not only provide an Awakening, where I recognize something I had not recognized before, but they drive me to a place of brutal Honesty and immediate Action. AHA moments like these change me for the better. They help be become more like Christ.
How about you? Do you have AHA moments? Are they simple moments where you remember something like where you put your car keys? Are any of them spiritual moments that God uses you to conform you into His image? I'm praying for God to take you through many AHA moments this series. I'm asking God to do that for me as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment