Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Teams

I listened as people coordinated with one another.  They discussed what things would be in which part of the building.  They talked about what needed to be communicated in "God Sightings," in the program, from up front on Sundays, and in the community.  I listened to excited, grace-filled discussions about upcoming events for which each coordinator had passion.

The Spirit has given each of us a special way of serving others. Some of us can speak with wisdom, while others can speak with knowledge, but these gifts come from the same Spirit...it is the Spirit who does all this and decides which gifts to give to each of us... Our bodies don't have just one part. They have many parts...A body isn't really a body, unless there is more than one part...Together you are the body of Christ. Each one of you is part of his body. (1 Corinthians 12:7-27 CEV)

I tried to sign up, but all of the slots were full.  I prayed for the prison ministry anyway.  I looked over the names and prayed for each of the pray-ers, too.  I prayed for the team who would be going into the prison.  I prayed for the prisoners.  People brought cookies.  People prayed.  Prisoners were visited.  They encountered Christ.

...That's how it is with us. There are many of us, but we each are part of the body of Christ, as well as part of one another. (Romans 12:4-8 CEV)

I purchased school supplies.  I prayed for the children who would receive them.  I watched as people brought in supplies, money for shipping, boxes and materials.  Boxes were packed.  All of us prayed.  One hundred and fifty children will receive the love of Christ...in a box...this Christmas.  Operation Christmas Child was a success.

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. (Eph. 2:10 NLT)

I purchased Yams...several times.  I prayed for coordinators, workers, and families in need...many times.  I participated in fund-raisers, gave funds, and encouraged people along the way.  I watched as food supplies came in, food was boxed, families participated, and people were fed all the way through the process.  God provided over nine hundred family meals this Thanksgiving through countless people who were faithful to being the hands and feet of Jesus.

Anna Sheets says it this way:
"From the time of Adam being placed in the garden to work and care for it (Gen 2:15), God has revealed He has a purpose for our lives. But as God knit each of us together in our mother’s womb (Ps 139:13), He was not just designing us as individuals but each of us as an intricately connected piece of the Body of Christ.

Our purpose is much larger than we can imagine or see, but that is why it is so important that we seek His wisdom and strive to fulfill His design throughout our lifetime. As we serve Him in ministry we support each other, show His light in the darkness and show our love for Him and each other fulfilling the commands Jesus gave to us.

As we offer our lives in service to Him, we may need to learn our talents or discover and put into practice the gift(s) the Holy Spirit has given us. Or you may be using these already and could encourage others in their steps along the path. No matter where you are in the journey, let the Spirit guide you as we all work together to care for this place and the people where we are planted. When we do, we show the Love of Christ by what we do as we grow together to reveal His Body still alive here on earth."

How about you?  Are you a part of Christ's Body?  What is your part?

No comments:

Post a Comment