Immediate action does not help unless you know where you are going. I'm not saying you need to know exactly where you are going with specific longitude and latitude. But you really do need to know the general direction. "This way is north," may be all you have to go on. But knowing that home is back North, you can make some real progress.
I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.'" (Luke 15:18-219 NIV)
The prodigal son had a plan. He knew before he got up what he was planning to do. He would "set out and go back to his father." That means he knew where he intended to go. He told himself that he would "say to him," which means he knew what he wanted to say. He had a general direction. He knew where he was going. Things didn't work out exactly as he planned, but that doesn't matter. The direction he chose was the direction of repentance. That is what mattered. That direction caused him to turn his life around, get up, and go home.
How about you? Do you have places that you need to turn around, get up, and go home to the Father? Do you know what that would look like? Can you picture the general direction? Do you know where you are going?
No comments:
Post a Comment