What kind of pride would drive a son to say to his father, "I don't want you. I don't need you. I wish you were dead." Pride alone would not take him there. Pride turned to anger and festering into bitterness would. The reality, though, is that none of us is that good. None of us is completely self-sufficient. None of us has what it takes to navigate life on our own. That's why God gives us God's Spirit. We can not, and don't need to, go through life alone.
If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. (John 14:15-17 NIV)
How about you? Do you get frustrated or angry because the Father is looking over your shoulder too much? Does it become bitterness because the Father tells you what to do and how to do it? Do you believe you can do it better on your own? Why do you leave the Father?
No comments:
Post a Comment