Sometimes the problems with our walk isn't about the picture. We see the picture clearly. We know what God says. The problem, however, comes in when we have to make the decision to trust. God says that his ways will give me rest from my burdens. Jesus says his yoke is easy and burden is light. Do I trust that, though? Do I trust it enough to give his way a try?
Do I trust that, like a good shepherd, Jesus is willing and able to defend me against any attacks? Do I trust that he is always with me, will always defend me, and will always provide what I need to live His design for my life? Do I trust that Jesus is the Messiah/Christ, the Son of God, and God in the flesh?
"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" (Matthew 16:15 NIV)
Getting the picture right is an important first step. Seeing God's design for our lives gives us the direction to move. Trust, however, gives us the motivation to take a step, and then another, and so on. Trust removes the barriers that hold us back. Trust allows us to step out in faith.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 NIV)
How about you? Does you trust him? Do you see the blessings as a result of that trust?
No comments:
Post a Comment