Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Someone Up Top

[J]ust as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."  (1 Peter 1:15-16 NIV)


So now I've messed up.  I've fallen down in the pit.  It looked like a little pothole when I jumped in, but it's a lot deeper than I realized.  Now I'm stuck.  I can't get out.  The walls are too strong and smooth.  I'm going to die here.


The only chance I have of survival, now is if someone finds me.  All I can do is look up at the top of the precipice where I fell in.  I need someone who is still standing up top who would be willing to pull me out here.  I need the help of someone else to save me.


Unfortunately, my friends and family can't help in this way.  They can empathize with me because they've fallen down in the hole as well.  They're stuck, too.  They're not standing up top where they can help me.  They are in the same situation I'm in.


God's not.  God sees the potholes in life.  He warns us about them so we won't fall into them.  He also avoids falling into them...every time.  He is perfectly Holy.  He is standing up top.  He could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment