Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Jesus Didn't Fall

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. (Hebrews 4:15 TNIV)


When I'm down in a hole because I fell, I want to get out.  I have no hope of getting out without help.  I need someone up top who can lower me a rope or something.  This is where Jesus comes in.  He didn't fall in.  He's standing up top.


Don't get me wrong, he had to navigate the same world filled with potholes that I do.  He just navigated through them better than I did.  He even came right up to the edge of some of them.  But he didn't jump.  He didn't fall.  He didn't even trip.


There's something comforting about that.  When I put myself in someone else's hands, I want to know he is trustworthy.  I want to know he is experienced.  I want to know that he know's what he's doing.


Jesus knows what he is doing.  He is quite experienced.  He faced everything I've faced and then some.  But he made it through without falling in any of the potholes.  Not only that, when he offers to help me up I know he is a man of integrity.  He will follow through on his offer.  I'm glad Jesus didn't fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment