Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

A Tree (Part 1)

It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches." (Luke 13:19 TNIV)


I enjoy science.  I always have.  From my earliest memories, my strongest subject in school was mathematics, not language arts.  When I was old enough to start considering a career, I immediately began looking at the sciences.  Since Computer Science was the latest and greatest of the sciences of the time, that became my choice.  Had it not existed, I most probably would have found myself in some variation on the theme of Physics.  I like figuring out how things work.


Because of my pension for scientific endeavors, I also enjoy the process.  I find comfort in the Scientific Method with it's hypotheses, observations, testing, adjusting, and retesting.  I like knowing the limits of the measuring equipment and accurately reporting the data down to the correct number of significant digits.  I like when an hypothesis tests well enough to become a theory and, over time, finally earns the status in the scientific community of "Law."  I'll say it again.  I like figuring out how things work.


So, I have an hypothesis.  I know this is not a blog going out to the greats of the scientific community, but I just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who would like to hear it.


My hypothesis is this:  "All living beings come from other living beings."


There...I said it.  What do you think?


I'll unpack this a little more in future entries, but for now I'll leave it there.

1 comment: