Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

God does see what is happening.

When he arrived there, he found Jehu sitting around with the other army officers. "I have a message for you, Commander," he said. "For which one of us?" Jehu asked. "For you, Commander," he replied. So Jehu left the others and went into the house. Then the young prophet poured the oil over Jehu's head and said, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I anoint you king over the LORD's people, Israel.” (2 Kings 9:5-6 NLT)

I don’t know about you but when I see evil in the world around me, I struggle.  I end up wondering how long it will continue.  I end up wondering where God is in it all.  I end up wondering if God sees what is happening.  Then, I remember what God communicates to us through Scripture.

“You are to destroy the family of Ahab, your master. In this way, I will avenge the murder of My prophets and all the LORD's servants who were killed by Jezebel. The entire family of Ahab must be wiped out. I will destroy every one of his male descendants, slave and free alike, anywhere in Israel. I will destroy the family of Ahab as I destroyed the families of Jeroboam son of Nebat and of Baasha son of Ahijah. Dogs will eat Ahab's wife Jezebel at the plot of land in Jezreel, and no one will bury her." (2 Kings 9:7-10a NLT)

God tells us that this will not go on forever.  God tells us that He has a plan.  God sees what is happening…better than any of the rest of us.  God just has an agenda that I need to see.  Peace in the storm comes when I make God’s agenda my own.

The Lord isn't really being slow about His promise, as some people think. No, He is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. (2 Peter 3:9 NLT)

God can wipe out people who are doing evil.  God would rather bring them back home.  As long as we are alive, God is giving us a chance to start walking with Him again.

Then the young prophet opened the door and ran. (2 Kings 9:10b NLT)

How about you?  Do you get down or frustrated when you see evil in the world around you?  Are you confident that God sees what is happening? Do you see God’s agenda?  Are you willing to make God’s agenda yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment