Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

The LORD will work THROUGH them.

Yesterday, we took some time to back up and look at how God works in people to bring them back to A Garden Walk.  God gives us the picture that God has in mind for us.  Then, God lets us choose.  Even when we choose to fight that picture, God works with us patiently to bring us back.  This is what we see happening with Solomon even after he turns away from The LORD.

I will give one tribe to his son so that David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I chose to put my Name. (1 Kings 11:36 NIV)

While God is patiently working with Solomon to turn him around, The LORD has other parts of The Garden to tend to as well.  Solomon is being punished and all but one tribe of Israel is being removed from his reign.  Who will lead the northern tribes of Israel now?  The LORD is working that out.  Jeroboam will b then new king of the north.

However, as for you, I will take you, and you will rule over all that your heart desires; you will be king over Israel. If you do whatever I command you and walk in obedience to me and do what is right in my eyes by obeying my decrees and commands, as David my servant did, I will be with you. I will build you a dynasty as enduring as the one I built for David and will give Israel to you. (1 Kings 11:37-38 NIV)

This is where God’s bigger picture helps out.  The LORD has a design for our lives.  It is beautiful.  It is not messy.  When we go against that design, however, The LORD has a plan for bringing us back to that design.  While things get messy as that plan pans out, The LORD is clearly accomplishing that plan whether we are on board with it or not.  That’s because The LORD has followers who are on board.  The LORD leads those followers to do their part of God’s Plan.  When they mess up, The LORD works in them to bring about repentance.  With those who are being obedient, The LORD works through them to empower, equip, and encourage others to walk together with God.

I will humble David's descendants because of this, but not forever. (1 Kings 11:39 NIV)

How about you?  Do you see The LORD’s design, plan, and purpose for your life?  Is The LORD working in you to bring about positive change in your life?  Is The LORD working through you to empower, equip, and encourage one more?

No comments:

Post a Comment