Pages

Saturday, May 6, 2017

The LORD Gives Victory

O LORD, you are my lamp. The LORD lights up my darkness. In Your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall. "God's way is perfect. All the LORD's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection. For who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is a solid rock?  God is my strong fortress, and He makes my way perfect. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hands for battle; He strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow. You have given me Your shield of victory; Your help has made me great. (2 Samuel 22:29-36 NLT)

Who better to understand this concept than David.  He became a warrior by going up against a giant named Goliath and he knew that day that the victory belonged to The LORD.  David did not slay his enemy.  The LORD did.  David was merely the instrument through which The LORD brought victory and justice.

You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping. "I chased my enemies and destroyed them; I did not stop until they were conquered. I consumed them; I struck them down so they did not get up; they fell beneath my feet. You have armed me with strength for the battle; you have subdued my enemies under my feet. You placed my foot on their necks. I have destroyed all who hated me. They looked for help, but no one came to their rescue. They even cried to the LORD, but He refused to answer. I ground them as fine as the dust of the earth; I trampled them in the gutter like dirt. You gave me victory over my accusers. (2 Samuel 22:37-44a NLT)

The same is true for us today.  Remember, people are not our enemies.  Scripture describes people as human beings made in the image of God who are taken captive by the enemy to do his will.  We fight the real enemy to set captives free.  Who is the real enemy?  In Hebrew and in Greek the word for “accuser” sounded nearly the same.  We pronounce it, “Satan.”

How about you?  Do you fight the real enemy – the accuser?  Do you set captives (people) free?  Do you fight in the power, and under the direction of, God?  Does The LORD give you victory?

No comments:

Post a Comment