Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Now What?

So Solomon finished building the Temple of the LORD, as well as the royal palace. He completed everything he had planned to do. (1 Kings 9:1 NLT)

It’s a strange feeling immediately after completing a big (20-year) project.  It’s especially strange when the project was being directed by The LORD.  I wonder how Solomon felt after the building projects were completed.  Was there a sense of excitement?  Did he feel satisfied?  Was there a let-down?  Did he ask himself, “Now what?  What can I possibly do to top that?”  Whatever he thought, felt, or asked, he didn’t need to wait long for an answer.

Then the LORD appeared to Solomon a second time, as He had done before at Gibeon. The LORD said to him, "I have heard your prayer and your petition. I have set this Temple apart to be holy--this place you have built where My name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to My heart. "As for you, if you will follow Me with integrity and godliness, as David your father did, obeying all My commands, decrees, and regulations, then I will establish the throne of your dynasty over Israel forever. For I made this promise to your father, David: 'One of your descendants will always sit on the throne of Israel.' (1 Kings 9:2-5 NLT)

Sometimes my biggest struggle is in trying to get ahead of The LORD.  God gives me enough vision to move toward the completion of a project (like Solomon with the temple), but I get frustrated when it takes seven years for the project to get done.  Then, when the project is complete, I find myself wondering, “Now what?”  In those moments of struggle or doubt, I need to turn to God.  The LORD provided the first plan.  The LORD provided the second plan.  The LORD provided the third plan.  The LORD will provide the next.  Blessed be the name of The LORD.

How about you?  Do you turn to The LORD for the “big projects” of your life?  Do you listen to The LORD in the details of those projects?  When the project is complete, do you ask, “Now what?”  Do you trust The LORD to provide your next steps?

No comments:

Post a Comment