Pages

Friday, April 28, 2017

Wants Us to Live…Abundantly

Then the man from Ethiopia arrived and said, "I have good news for my lord the king. Today the LORD has rescued you from all those who rebelled against you." "What about young Absalom?" the king demanded. "Is he all right?" And the Ethiopian replied, "May all of your enemies, my lord the king, both now and in the future, share the fate of that young man!" The king was overcome with emotion. He went up to the room over the gateway and burst into tears. And as he went, he cried, "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you! O Absalom, my son, my son." (2 Samuel 18:31-33 NLT)

David could avoid it no longer.  His son was dead.  David goes into mourning because this is not what David wanted for his son.  David wanted a much better life for him, much like God wants a better life for us.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (John 10:10 ESV)

Jesus made this clear when he told his disciples that he came to give us an abundant life.  God made this clear when He created His ideal environment for us, the Garden of Eden, created us in His image, and placed us there to tend and care for us.  God wants us to have a far better life than we realize or experience.  God does not want us to experience death.  He wants us to have life…abundantly.

How about you?  Do you see God’s picture of an abundant life for all of us?  Do you see God’s picture of an abundant life for you?  Do you trust that your King wants you to live life abundantly?  Do you want that, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment