Now Samuel died, and all Israel gathered for his funeral. They buried him at his house in Ramah. (1 Samuel 25:1 NLT)
Samuel had lived a good life. From the beginning of his life until he drew his last breath, Samuel clearly lived a life dedicated to the LORD. Take a look at some of the highlights we see in Samuel’s life.
- Gift from the LORD, Dedicated to the LORD (1 Samuel 1)
- A Prophet of the LORD (1 Samuel 3)
- A Judge on behalf of The LORD (1 Samuel 7:3-17)
- Warned Israel @ Having a King (1 Samuel 8)
- Anointed Saul as Israel’s first king (1 Samuel 9-10)
- Points Israel to The LORD (1 Samuel 12)
- Delivers Message: Saul’s reign will end. (1 Samuel 13:8-23)
- Delivers Message: The LORD rejects Saul now. (1 Samuel 15)
- Anoints David as king (1 Samuel 16:1-13)
- Samuel Protects David, the king (1 Samuel 19:18-24)
Samuel anointed two of Israel’s kings. All that time, Samuel knew The LORD was their only true King. Not only that, Samuel lived his lifetime for The King.
How about you? Do you get distracted by lesser “kings” or to you recognize God as your only true King. Do you live your lifetime for The King?