Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Lead, Following The King

Then Samuel addressed all Israel: "I have done as you asked and given you a king. (1 Samuel 12:1 NLT)
The mantle of leadership has now been passed.  Samuel, the prophet and judge, will no longer be the leader pointing Israel to God as their King.  Saul is taking the new position as king.
Your king is now your leader. I stand here before you--an old, gray-haired man--and my sons serve you. I have served as your leader from the time I was a boy to this very day. (1 Samuel 12:2 NLT)
Samuel, even though he was not king, pointed people to the perfect king.  Not only that, he functioned as a perfect leader.  He was chosen by, empowered by, humble before, and faithful to God.  He was a servant warrior who fought the enemies of God and served people.  Samuel was a good representative of The One True King.
Now testify against me in the presence of the LORD and before His anointed one. Whose ox or donkey have I stolen? Have I ever cheated any of you? Have I ever oppressed you? Have I ever taken a bribe and perverted justice? Tell me and I will make right whatever I have done wrong." "No," they replied, "you have never cheated or oppressed us, and you have never taken even a single bribe." (1 Samuel 12:3-4 NLT)
When we are a good representative of The One True King, people notice.  They may not like it all the time.  They may even disagree with us.  It may drive them crazy.  But, they notice.  They know, whether they like it or not, that you lead by following The King
"The LORD and His anointed one are my witnesses today," Samuel declared, "that my hands are clean." "Yes, He is a witness," they replied. (1 Samuel 12:5 NLT)
How about you?  When people look at you, do they see a good representative of the One True King?  Do you lead, following The King?

No comments:

Post a Comment