Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Remember God’s Promises

When the Israelites were teaching their children, they story of Noah and the Ark would have had several areas of significance.  One would be that the LORD does not tolerate wickedness – we will get what we deserve.  Another would be that the righteous are saved by the LORD, even when surrounded by evil.  Yet another significant area would be that the LORD God makes covenant commitments with us.  God makes promises.

Then God said, "I am giving you a sign of My covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed My rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of My covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember My covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth." (Genesis 9:12-16 NLT)

Every time an Israelite child looks up to the clouds and sees a rainbow, she will be reminded of Noah, the Ark, and God’s promises.

How about you?  Do you believe that God makes promises?  What reminds you of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment