Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Adjust

Moses is in the right mindset to listen to God.  He noticed the burning bush, walked over to see what was going on, heard God speaking to him, and took off his sandals as commanded.  Moses was listening to God.
So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt." (Exodus 3:10 NIV)
I’m not sure if Moses was thinking about his fellow Israelites still in slavery, but I am sure he would have been happy to hear that God was about to set them free…until God told him to go.  God was about to use Moses as a part of God’s plan.
But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?" And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain." (Exodus 3:11-12 NIV)
Moses starts hedging right away.  He was fine with God fixing the problems of the world.  He just wasn’t excited about God wanting him to be a central part of God’s plan.  Moses had a decision to make.  Now that he knows God’s agenda, will he follow it or not.  Moses may have had plans for his life, his marriage, and his family.  All those plans are about to change now, if Moses follows what God is saying here.  Will Moses adjust his life to match God’s plan or not?
Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:13-14 NIV)
How about you?  Do you get yourself to the point where you are really listening to God?  When you do, does God tell you your part of God’s plan?  When you know your part, do you adjust your life to follow God’s plan?  Or do you adjust away from it?

No comments:

Post a Comment