Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Good Teacher

A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" (Luke 18:18 NIV)

Many of you know that I am currently going back to school to work on my Doctor of Ministry degree.  This week, I am actually in school going through what they call a "one week intensive" class.  We meet all day long, five days this week.  We are all praying, reading, discussing, and working hard to understand God's next steps for our lives and ministries.  This class in particular is about helping people find and walk together with God - a topic that is near and dear to my heart.

Today, I am supposed to share a sermon that I've prepared for the class.  I don't normally do this, but I would like to ask for your prayers today as it is presented to my classmates.  Ask God to work through His Word and Spirit to lead us all where He wants us to go next with our ministries, so we will bring this learning home with us to lead well in our local churches.  We want to be bearers of the Good News that only comes from God.

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone. (Luke 18:19 NIV)

Thank you for your prayers.
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment