Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Peace

Last week was challenging enough. Deciding to "choose joy" in all circumstances can be tricky, especially when the circumstances, or the people, seem bound and determined to steal our joy. But, through the power of the Holy Spirit, God gives us what we need to choose joy. This week will be just as challenging.

But the fruit of the Spirit is...peace... (Galatians 5:22 NIV)

Peace is a concept we find so often in Scripture that we will only be able to scratch the surface of the passages throughout this week. I remember going to church services as a child. Part of the service included a time when we were instructed to offer a greeting of peace to one another. We were following the pattern Jesus followed:

Jesus..stood among them and said..."Peace be with you." (Luke 24:36 NIV)

Once again, I am reminded that my priorities are not always God's priorities. My priorities could easily take me to a place where I am read to fight to be right. My priorities may take me to a place of "righteous anger." My priorities can easily lead me away from a place of joy or peace. But God's priorities show me that righteousness always lead me to love, joy, and peace...

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit... (Romans 14:17-18 NIV)

So how about you? Were you raised with a reminder that peace is important? Is peace a priority in your life? Do you experience peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment