For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)
I remember one conversation I had when the man said to me, "Pete, I've done some really bad things in my life." My response was simple, "That's why we need Jesus." He just shook his head and said, "You don't understand. I've done some really, really bad things." The thing is: he didn't understand.
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21 NLT)
No matter how bad our rebellion against God, Christ reconciles us with God. We can come home through the work Jesus Christ did on the cross.
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 NLT)
Do you believe it? Say it. Tell God, "I want to come home. I believe you provided the way through your Son, Jesus." Tell Jesus, "I want you to be Lord. I want you to lead me from here on out."
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38 NIV)
Stop fighting and turn back to God. Let go of the things that separate you from Him. Go down into the waters of baptism where your sins are washed away. Come out of the water knowing that your old self is gone and your new self is ready to walk together with God. Need someone to baptize you? Contact me. God will provide someone close to you. I will search with you. Don't let anything stop you from coming home to God.
How about you? Do you know you can come home to God? Have you? What stops you?
No comments:
Post a Comment