Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rebelling or Reconciled?

...while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son...  (Romans 5:10 TNIV)
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. (2 Corinthians 5:18-20 TNIV)

Do you have any enemies?  Have you really upset someone in your life?  Perhaps you cut someone off while driving down the highway, beat them to a parking spot, or cut in line in the grocery store?  Has anyone upset you so much that you would consider them your enemy?  How about God?  Is He your enemy?

Perhaps the most humbling revelation I ever made was the day I understood this concept.  When I sin, I become God's enemy.  I don't just ignore Him, avoid Him, or run away from Him.  I don't just bend His rules a little or try to convince Him of a better way.  I spit in His face.  I draw my weapon.  I begin the fight.  I set myself up against the God of the universe - the One who Created the heavens and the earth...and still holds all things together.  I set myself up as His enemy.

In spite of my actions and words of rebellion, God still wants to be reconciled with me.  He doesn't want a fight and it's not because He's concerned about winning.  It's because He doesn't want me to lose.  He wants a relationship - a friendship with me.  He wants me to walk with Him again.  He wants to reconcile and stop the fighting.

He doesn't just want that with me.  He wants to reconcile with you, too.  He wants all of us - me, you, your family, your friends...even your enemies - to be reconciled with Him.  He doesn't want any of us to be His enemies.  He was willing to do anything to make that happen - even laying down His life.

Now that I am in Christ, I am reconciled with Him.  I am not God's enemy anymore.  I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that fact.  Now I need to act like it.  No more rebellion - at least not against God.  I may rebel against our culture, oppression, or injustice; but with God rebellion is a thing of the past.  We are reconciled.  

How about you?  Are you reconciled with God?  If not, do you want to be?  I can help.  I was sent as His ambassador.  I have many friends who can help, too.  The world is filled with His ambassadors.  Let us show you how to be reconciled.  It's one decision you will never regret making.

No comments:

Post a Comment