Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Old or New?

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!  (2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV)

My body is filled with reminders of mistakes I've made in the past.  Scars, bumps, missing hair, aches and pains each have their own story to tell - a reminder of days gone by.

I have one mistake, though, where I cannot see the reminder of the past hurt.  I broke my arm when I was in grade school.  The smaller arm bone (radius) was snapped while playing with friends in my front yard.  The break was painful at the time and getting it set was even more painful.  The cast served as a reminder of my mistake for weeks on end - with the extra weight, the itching, and not being allowed to swim. :(

Now, however, I see no signs of that mistake from my past.  The bone healed completely and there are no visible signs on the surrounding skin.  I feel no pain in the area, either.  I know the incident happened and I remember it as clearly as if it were yesterday.  I'm even sure that close examination of the bones would show that the event happened in the past, but I don't see it anymore.  To me, it's like new again!

When you look at yourself in the mirror, what do you see.  Do you look at all the scars, bumps, and other reminders of your past failings with God and people.  Do you focus on those things from your past?  Or do you see that you are healed "good as new."

In Christ, we have changed.  The old is gone now.  In fact, we're better than healed.  We're new!
Remember, everything's changed.
Are you starting to see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment