Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Walking with God

Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man became a living person.  (Genesis 2:7 NLT)

I've often wondered what the experience was like for Adam on that day.  Did he feel the warmth of the sunlight on his face?  Perhaps there was a cool breeze from the waterfall nearby, freely flowing from the springs that came up from the ground.  When he opened his eyes, was it too bright to see?  Was the light overwhelming, not from the Sun, but from the Son through whom everything was created.


What did he think as he watched his Creator begin to create even more...grass...plants...trees.  Did they walk around as the creation process unfolded before his eyes?  Were his senses overwhelmed with the springtime-fresh newness of life as the flowers took bloom for the first time?  What was it like to be "placed" in this midst of this garden whose creation he had just experienced?  Did he ask questions?  Were the sounds of new life enough to fill the air?

Each day is a choice.  I decide what I see and what I block out.  My days are filled with more information than I can possibly hope to process...so I choose.  "Ugh, it's a cloudy day again." "When is it going to warm up?"  "I wish it wasn't so hot today.  I hate the heat!"  "Sorry, I've got to go. I'm running late and I have to get to..."

What would happen if I chose to look at the world around me differently?  What would happen if I saw weather patterns not as something to track on the internet, but a part of an overwhelmingly large system that was created and is sustained by God?  What if each day was not driven by my calendar or clock, but was driven by the agenda God would love for me to enjoy?  What if I took the time to get get to know God and dared to ask Him how to spend my days?  What would happen?  Would anything change?

I've asked these questions and it has resulted in change.  Many people around me have considered these changes significant...and they are right.  I never want to go back.  In fact, Walking with God is so good I only want to learn how to do it better and better with each passing day.

How about you?  Are you ready to walk with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment