Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Computer (Part 2)

Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. (Psalms 139:14 NLT)


So, now I am in a quandary.  I go to church and the minister tells me that God made everything.  I go to science class and the professor tells me everything happened by accident.  I don't want to go against God or believe in something I shouldn't, but I don't want to be an idiot with a blind faith that has no basis in reality either.  What do I do?


Well, I did what any good scientist would do.  I began to research.  I started looking into things a little deeper to see what the scientific facts would show me.  You know what it showed me?  The universe is a lot like a computer.  Ok, maybe it's my pension for computer technology that leads me down this path, but hear me out anyway.


I own an old laptop computer that had a Pentium 75 MHz Processor, a 120MB Hard Drive, and 20MB of RAM.  It's greatest feature was it's ability to easily remove and replace just about any part of it: drives, batteries, even the screen!


Anyway, as I was studying this issue and taking this computer apart I realized the similarities.  Computers don't function properly unless you have all the right parts in place.  Even when all the parts are in the right place, the computer won't work unless each individual part is working correctly.  So it is with life.


Life as we know it can only exist when everything fits together correctly.  Not only that, each part needs to function properly or life as we know it would cease to exist.  Stay tuned for a few examples over the next several days...

No comments:

Post a Comment