Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Worship. Then Pray.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  (Genesis 1:1 NIV)

Somehow, I think my prayers would be different if I took the time to "look" at God first.  I don't need to stop praying.  I need to learn how to Worship, then pray.


This morning, I was blessed with a sunrise that illuminated blue skies, white puffy clouds, and a blanket of snow across the yard.  Will I allow that picture to bring me into the presence of our Creator God?

"To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.  (Isaiah 40:25-26 NIV)

When I come home from ministry groups every evening, my children often have to remind me to stop and look up.  I've grown so accustomed to seeing the starry host spread out across the blanket of darkness that I would walk right past them, were I not reminded to stop.

It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.  (Isaiah 45:12 NIV)

Worship begins when I start to catch a glimpse of an Almighty, All-Powerful, Ever-living God.  His Creation cries out in worship, even when I do not.  When I allow Him to stop me from my "important" things of the day, I find myself entering the presence of our God.

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."  (Revelation 4:11 NIV)


Then...and only then...can I begin to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment