Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lukewarm Praising


A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Hosanna in the highest heaven!"  (Matthew 21:8-9 NIV)

I really enjoy worship and praise music.  I know that might sound strange to you, but I really do.  I find myself looking for Christian radio stations everywhere I go.  Now, with the invention of data streaming and apps, I can listen to these stations and even my own playlists on my phone.  Praise God!

There are times when I find myself lost in the music and lyrics while I'm reading, writing, or working on some of my "task list."  I get lost in the praise, worship, and enjoying the Glory of God.  I can see how easy it would have been to join in with the crowd that day when Jesus riding through the town as "King."  I most probably would have been singing more than one chorus of , "Hosanna in the highest!"

Then the music dies down.  I have a meeting to attend.  I move on with my day.  Do my words and actions continue to show Praise and Worship to my King?  I'm not saying I need to break out into song during meetings with people.  I am saying, though, that the way I treat people should be an act of worship, too.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:1-2 NIV)

I don't want my praise to be hollow, shallow, or unworthy.  I don't want my worship to be short-sighted, short-lived, or false.  I don't want to be lukewarm in worship and praise.  I want my whole life to be an appropriate, acceptable act of worship and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment